We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring that your data is protected. Therefore, to make sure that our policies and practices concerning personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”) under the laws of Malaysia.
This Privacy Notice is to help you better understand how your data is managed and to give you the options available to you to access or limit the use of the information provided. By providing us with your data and your continued use of our services, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below and consent to the processing of your data under this Privacy Notice.
Categories of personal data that we collect
The personal data collected and processed by us may include:
1. Name, Identity Card number, and date of birth
2. Contact details including address, phone number(s), and email address
3. Occupation, marital status, race, and household income
4. Any other personal data required for the purposes as set out below
Purpose of collecting your data
The personal data previously collected from you is being, and will continue to be used for purposes including without limitation:
1. to process your Membership application
2. to process the member activation, validation, and verification purpose
3. to operate your Account
4. to facilitate access to and use of the website and mobile services relating to the Account
5. to make decisions concerning Members, including (without limitation), suspend the provision of services or terminating the Membership
1. to confirm, update and enhance your records
2. to monitor volume and spend information
3. to identify and (if possible) prevent fraud
4. for marketing purposes (subject to any objections received and/or consents obtained, for which see below)
5. to communicate via Points Summary Statement, e-statement, SMS blast, telemarketing, or email blast
6. to update your status as a Member
7. to promote offers on United Healthcare’s products and services, and that of our Business Partners
8. to reply to inquiries made via call, email, letters, faxes, or Facebook
9. to fulfill your requests including redemption requests
10. to administer your participation in contests.
Disclosure of your personal data
Your data will be kept confidential, we may disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) to our agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to us who provide administrative, data processing research and marketing, distribution, telecommunications, professional, or other similar services to us and any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights concerning you in connection with a merger, sale or transfer (whether of assets or shares), to use, hold, process or retain such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in the earlier statement above on our behalf.
Non-Provision of Personal Data
Failure to disclose sufficient personal data may result in us being unable to provide you with the full range of information.
Access to Personal Data
The Act allows you the right to access the personal data you have submitted. You may at any time update or amend the information provided to us simply by accessing ‘Update Profile’ on our website or contacting our Member Services Centre.
Your options and how to contact us
You may at any time request in writing to limit the processing and use of your Personal Data, including to prevent usage of your Personal Data for direct marketing. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For as long as you remain membership with us, your information will remain with United Healthcare and we will take all practicable steps to ensure the security of the data at all times from any unauthorized access. United Healthcare will endeavor not to disclose any personally identifiable information to any organization.
United Healthcare reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any material changes will be posted on our website with the updated Privacy Notice.